Monday, September 24, 2007

Flowers Flowers Everywhere and not a Petal to Pick

With my new gig as a coordinator- I am loving every minute of it... I finally have time to breathe and go to school and life is wonderful... the one thing that I miss?? The flowers! I can't wait until Spring when I am ready to start on my portfolio development... but for now I will keep my head deep in the books and my feet "planted" firmly on the ground.... I suppose that these lovely bouquets will have to hold me over....

Waterlily Pond Floral Designs- you really need to check out this site for inspiration... as this post does it no justice... I go there often to influence my own designs... such creative grouping and life captured within each creation (I would share better photos but the site has immaculate security measures to protect picture piracy... darn them!)



And these are from Wiggy -another great source for inspiration... their designs are equally full of life and texture.... and their site is equally full of inspiration...

Some of you are either reading this with a bit of skepticism or have skipped over the post entirely because these flowers are too much for you... they don't emmulate the sophisticated and understated message that you wish to convey- so be it... but in understanding what you do not want and by exposing yourself to the many designs that are available (not just standard hand-tied ranunculus/hydrangea/peonies/stephanotis) you will find that your search will be ever-so-helpful to your florist... I assure you that her portfolio is made up of the same types of flower arrangements not because she is in a creative rutt- but rather because brides are often uneducated when it comes to flowers, and thus they are quick to choose a design based on the available limited inspiration at hand (usually from the portfolio we speak of...) I find that flowers are like spinach... really... at first some tastes seem a bit foreign and awkward, but the more small bites that you take, the more that your pallette becomes refined, and before long- you're craving the bizzare and avant garde...

4 comments:

Darci said...

Both of those sites are amazing for flower inspiration, thanks for sharing!

Enjoy Celebrations and Occasions said...

I love the last two- beautiful!

kimberly salem said...

i am drooling over the first one! may be a little too much for me in real life, but it's great as an inspiration. thanks for the links :)

Bellissima Vita said...

I love Wiggy. She did my wedding flowers and they were nothing short of amazing!!