Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lost in Translation: Attire



Rule Three: Dress for the Occassion.







This should be a no-brainer. It's just that I have seen two ends of the spectrum. On one end, we have a bride who thinks that the fashionable parade of bridesmaids and the obsessively "vintage" decor are mutually exclusive--- her maids will daunt uninspired strapless A-lines with a color-coordinated sash... and assume that her job is done an all is cohesive. On the other extreme, the maids can come off a little costume-like with period pieces. If you are looking for a Jackie or Audrey or Grace affair... then dress the gals accordingly with pieces that are inspired by the same things you are.... Pieces that feel as though they belong at the event that you are creating. Style the bridal party as though they are an extension of your wedding decor... use them to your advantage. THEY can be that amazing accent piece that you are needing... they're the most under-used accessory in event design (in my humble opinion)







Teri Jon does such a lovely job of this. I LOVE her line. Couldn't you see yourself wearing this? Couldn't you see it on the cover of Vogue? Couldn't you just imagine some lovely dame from yesteryear sporting this? And can't you just see the generations to come drooling over these pieces? That- is-timelessness... the ability to endure the changes in fashion, trends, and ideas...




27 comments:

badgley mischka randee said...

The designs are overwhelming, and utterly eye-catching. I think I would love to take one of the designs for the bridesmaids dresses in my wedding.

George @ TTL Wedding Photography said...

Great designs!

Michelle said...

Beautiful dressesss! I'm so in love with the 2nd one down, it's perfect!

Andreia said...

Love these dresses!!! I would love to wear the three last ones! So beautiful and stylish!

Matt said...

Great designs!

Kimberly said...

Love the dresses Thks

sam said...

Hi,
All girls are looking really awesome in this pictures.
What is Datastage

JC Page said...

Hi there!

My name is Jay, i'm a Wedding Photographer out of San Francisco - I stumbled upon your Blog quite by chance - I just wanted you to know that I think its absolutely fabulous! I love all the content!!!

Blessings,

Jay

Solar Panels said...

In one word, this post is outstanding.

DJ Wedding said...

Beautiful dress always makes a strong impulse to buy.

Leon Verone Sweet Sharings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leon Verone Sweet Sharings said...

OMG~ this is a nice post!! Got it bookmarked~~:) plz feel free to vote my wedding album "LIKE" Leon Verone Sweet Moments?? I would be glad if there is someone could show some support & share my big day with me!! Thanks^^

Alex Keates said...

I love this blog - outstanding

Easy to navigate and great material!

Alex Keates

Editor

www.trustedworldnews.com

wedding rings Dublin said...

Love love love these dresses, so pretty and elegant.

Virginia said...

Great!

http://06d9e9de.linkbucks.com

Engagement Rings said...

Love the fashion, first image is stunning.

Du hoc Anh said...

Great concept for all dresses! I very like the dress 4th..

Think Positive said...

Loving the dresses. It's the first time I see your blog and I'm thinking I really want those dresses. Thank you for your post.
Following you now!

WebHosting company said...

Beautiful & Elegant Bridesmaid dresses....The charcoal one looks pretty :)

Unknown said...

Such beautiful dresses :-)
xoxo
http://happybodyandmind.blosgpot.com

Website design toronto said...

i love the dresses.. they are fabulous!

best mortgage broker toronto said...

fabulous and elegant dresses..

Office Massage said...

its a classy one. i'm loving it!

cheap prom dresses said...

This is some serious stuff. I’m not a writer I can’t suggest any good ideas. Why don’t you write about your favorite icon? Okay, I’m just talking nonsense here.

KC said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!
Kevin
kevincollins1012@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Grateful-in-Easy-Ways#Steps

engagement rings said...

I left this open when doing some research and now my wife has a bee in her bonnet to source at least 3 of the dresses. why or why did I not log off after I was done !!