Thursday, February 14, 2008

I heart... Valentines! {and chocolate}


I know that it is a really really cheesy holiday. I know that florists and Hallmark are making a killing... but I can't help it. I think that it is WONDERFUL that we've decided to take an entire day to be kind. to reflect and perhaps obsess over "love". Whether you say it with flowers or with chocolate... or a fumbled message within a $5.45 card.... just say it! I love taking today to pamper myself... to remind myself of why I fell in love with Mr. Oh Happy in the first place... and to step back from "reality" and delight in that feeling of giddy, hopeless courtship- cheesy roses and teddy and all! If you don't have a Valentine today, then draw a warm bath, light a few candles, and toast to your own accomplishments!

No comments: