Monday, September 17, 2007

It's Here! Hooray!


I am sooooo excited... my sample DVD just arrived for Well Spun Wedding Films... if you have not had the chance to check these guys out then you simply must! We are so torn on so many aspects of the wedding (we still have not even committed to which ring yet).... but I am absolutely certain that these guys are going to be a part of my special day.


My most favorite television series of all time has got to be "Wonder Years"... I idolized Winnie Cooper... and I will forever remember the opening credits with the montage of home videos... when I found Well Spun at the beginning of this year... their work was remnicent of this.... there is a vintage and honest quality to their work... and for anyone whose day has long past... and you are a bit unhappy with your videography choices- or if you have a collection of VHS and DVDs shot by guests... then I urge you to take a look at the service that they provide where they re-work the content and look at it with an artists eye... they are amazing!
I know that I have been known to openly profess my opinion on the importance of good photography... and now I will share my thoughts on videography. I do not think that it is necessary. I do not think that you should fit it into a modest budget. It is not that I do not like video- on the contraire (I just told you that I LOVE my future videographer)... it's just that wedding videography has been a bit slow to evolve into the new generation of standards and expectations. I have found a select number of video-artists that I respect (to the right in my links)... but in general it seems that this sector of the wedding industry is lacking in creativity... thus I do not feel that the cost will always be justified by the product..... All of that being said... I really hope that in the next few years that new talent emerges and the standards are raised... as video is becomming so easy to share via the internet, emails, and dvd's.... hooray for pioneers like Well Spun for taking it to the next level!


I would love to share a sample of the video, but I just don't know how to get the video feed from the dvd to a file on my computer in order to upload it... (if anyone is a tad bit more tech-savvy then I would appreciate the help)... in the mean time... just visit their site

3 comments:

Enjoy Celebrations and Occasions said...

I'm so jealous! Professional videography wasn't in the budget so we had a friend shoot the day. He did a great job and even edited it into montages, but there was no way I was going to ask him to spend more time for "The Wonder Years" effect that I, too, had dreamed of. One day I will take the raw footage and have it turned into the amazing video I know it can be. Until then I will happily watch it on every anniversary to remind me of what a perfect day it truly was.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to know how you are getting him to come to Florida for your wedding. I was willing to pay for him to travel a mere 3 1/2 hours from where he is in PA and he refused. Please share your secret!

Oh Happy Blog! said...

anonymous...

No secrets... he responded promptly that it would require additional fees (which were expected) and that associated travel costs would need to be covered... (which we will happily do for his amazing work)... I am not sure of the circumstances that surrounded your inability to book his services, but I am sure that they were in no way a negative reflection on you nor he- sometimes as businesses grow, special accomodations are a little easier to make...(plus everyone loves a free trip to the sunshine state)