Thursday, September 13, 2007

I Spy...

If you are so kind as to drop by regularly- then I'm sure you have noticed my affinity for vintage lovelies... however, I try to be rather selective when it comes to antique items which occupy my own home- as the last thing I want is for my dwelling to mirror that of my grandmother... that being said, I have made it a concious decision to keep porcelain out of my home- until now.... I was over at Perfectbound and found myself swooning over the mirror above... and have spent the last 2 days trying to find something simular- I have become madly obsessed and am driving my fiance crazy with talk of redoing our bathroom around this crazy element...

After many hours, I had nothing... well- nothing as beautiful as the original- but several finds worth mentioning.... {Charles Keath, Birds of a Feather, Trish Brode, Flickr}
Today, however- when I finally had given up hope... I stumbled across a booth at my favorite local antique shop (Tin City) and found an array of porcelain rose items that with a little DIY lovin' could make an ordinary mirror amazing... in no time... Alas the search is over- and the work has just begun.. I'll try to keep you updated on my progress...


Here are a few other items I came across in my search... I invite you to find inspiration amidst my wild goose chase... (for all you brides seeking to find a balance between vintage and garden chic...)




No comments: