Wednesday, February 20, 2008

One Stop Shop...


Sometimes I feel that the biggest hurdle to overcome when helping brides plan a wedding is getting them to understand that their wedding style is NOT mutually exclusive from their personal style. For some reason, when the words design and wedding enter into the same context, there seems to be these weird undertones that arise, where who we are and who we think we should be somehow seem to be worlds apart. When I think of my own brides and their designs, I try to encourage them to style their wedding the same way that they would style their home or their wardrobe... it is all about taking elements that are already in place and then turning them into a celebration. Typically, one of my first questions that I ask when we start discussing the design is not what colors they like or what flowers they adore... it's "If you could have a shopping spree at any store... which would it be?"

And so brings us to the first in a series of posts on "One Stop Shopping"... the concept is simple enough... I am going to attempt to show how an entire event could be pulled from ONE STORE... I'll post a casual/sophisticated/offbeat version from each... and hopefully this little exercise will encourage each of you to stop seeking inspiration in tired wedding shops... and start searching your own style!

1 comment:

Emily Takes Photos said...

that's such a great idea! PLEASE start with anthropologie, i freaking LOVE that store :)