Tuesday, September 11, 2007

C'est la vie...


I can't believe it's been 6 years... I was a junior in high school... and we had just finished talking about special effects in film... someone turned on the tv... and there it was... it didn't register at first- almost as if I believed this was an extension of the lesson... but then it all started to unfold... I sat there so green to the world- everyone around me seemed to immediately go into a panic... and I just sat there frozen in time... the impact had reached my little corner of globe- and I wasn't sure how to take it all in... and here I am- years later... and still not knowing what to make of it... so many of those kids that sat there that day have went to Iraq never to return... so many of those faces on the tv still inhibit my thoughts from time to time... I'm not sure if I will ever really understand what I feel about the whole thing- and perhaps it is for the best...


may each of you feel the warmth of the funny little things in life that bind each of us- even if only for a moment in time...